Recharging our nation's Veterans one cast at a time
Healing Towers based in Ketchikan, Alaska, impacts disabled veterans throughout their journey of recovery. We rely on mentorship, camaraderie and the great outdoors to create a foundation in which disabled veterans may refocus their lives post-injury.
We bring disabled veterans to our magical place to attend a seven day sightseeing and fishing excursion. The sheer beauty of Alaska, allows these veterans to find peace and gain a new direction for their lives as they unplug from society and experience life off the grid to see the true speed of life.
Our continued mentorship helps keep them on track and achieve their goals that they have set since finding a new direction.
"The worst thing we can do is nothing"
Over twenty veterans commit suicide every day. Our efforts expose these veterans to the great outdoors to help them continue to live long after the trauma of war.
Sometimes, a crisis may involve thoughts of suicide. Learn to recognize these warning signs:
- Hopelessness; feeling like there’s no way out
- Anxiety, agitation, sleeplessness, or mood swings
- Feeling like there is no reason to live
- Rage or anger
- Engaging in risky activities without thinking
- Increasing alcohol or drug misuse
- Withdrawing from family and friends
The presence of the following signs requires immediate attention:
- Thinking about hurting or killing yourself
- Looking for ways to kill yourself
- Talking about death, dying, or suicide
- Self-destructive behavior such as drug misuse, carelessly handling weapons, etc.